By the title, you would have guessed that I’ve been stuck at home, with the flu. And while it’s technically autumn – in South Africa we don’t have specifically distinct seasons – so it’s basically summer until around mid-May. Here are 5 reasons behind why summer flu is the ultimate buzzkill.
- Everyone is outside having fun and you’re inside
At least when you’re sick in the winter, the rain and wind keeps everyone inside
- You want to cuddle up in hoodies and sweatpants and blankets – but it’s still 27 degrees outside
And if you add a fever to the mix it’s like a body-temperature rollercoaster.
- The pharmacy isn’t prepared for you
“Oh, those? Sorry hunny, we only stock them during flu season”
Well, someone should have informed my immune system.
- Your productivity hits an all-time low – because you’re constantly on the verge of sleep.
This may just be characteristic of summer in general – my sense of urgency disappears (perhaps evaporates?) and I laze around more. Summer flu + Summer in general = Absolutely useless Ray.
- Midday tea is slightly irrational when its the hottest day ever
Un-sympathetic friend : “Dude it’s literally 30 degrees out – why on earth are you drinking hot tea?”
Me : “Uhm…my throat.. comfort?”
If tea in the summer is wrong – I don’t want to be right.
I can’t wait to make a full recovery so I can be out and about – living my best life! But for now…
Have the most wonderful weekend
gifs from giphy.com