Getting ready in the morning can take ages – especially if you tend to wear makeup every day. I’m a bit more on the lazy side when it comes to doing makeup in the morning, and on occasion I have limited time before I have to be out of the house in order to beat the traffic en route to uni.
Doing “full makeup” takes me awhile – so choosing 5 staples has been a great way to save time and effort for those lazy or time-strapped days.
Here are the 5 products I use almost daily – after cleansing, toning and moisturising my skin.
- There is nothing like a clear, gel primer to prepare skin for foundation and eliminate shine. I use Inglot
under makeup base (R 299). I would recommend that you test this product before purchase especially if you have oily skin – I’ve heard of people breaking out from it as it is silicone based. If you have dry or combination skin (as I do) it should apply very smoothly and present no problems.
- As half the world must know by now, I’m loving MAC MatchMaster Foundation (R370). I featured this product in our “January Favourites” post – it’s definitely my new go-to foundation. I recommend this foundation to anyone that seeks medium, natural looking coverage – although it builds beautifully to full coverage too.
- If you’re prone to smudging your eye makeup or randomly having watery eyes (or crying) during the day Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl liner (R250) is your new best friend. As someone that wears glasses and uses eye drops when my eyes get too dry, this product is my go-to liner because: it doesn’t budge in terms of daily wear – but you also don’t need a million eye makeup removing products to get it off.
- This product is the epitome of “an oldie but a goodie” Maybelline Great Lash ‘Lots of Lashes’ Mascara (R90) I have tried a so many “high end” mascaras and I always end up going back to Maybelline! The ‘lots of
lashes’ edition has a similar formulation to the original, but has a cone shaped wand that reaches the tricky spots. It applies evenly and offers both volume and separation.
- I have always been skeptical of lip pencils but Yardley Lips in Love in ‘Rocking Rose’ (R85)
is simply lovely. It’s a beautiful shade, has a creamy consistency and a scent that vaguely reminds me of cotton candy. Does last all day? – unfortunately not – but most long wear lip products I’ve tried tend to leave my lips feeling chalky and dry so I’d take a reapplication or two over that any day.
What products do you reach for on lazy days? Tweet me @raythedreamer or @mohamedsisters – I’d love to know!
Thanks again to everyone for tweeting and emailing your post requests – It makes content planning so much easier and we love the engagement and participation
Have a great weekend