As part one of my Decorex coverage suggested, there was so much to see! I wish I could transport
everyone reading this post with just a semblance of interest back a few days to see it with their own eyes, it was truly incredible.
But for now, a blog post will have to do the trick. I’ve narrowed down 25 exhibits that truly inspired me from 300-odd, and here they are.
- 100% Black: An initiative by 100% design, this stand was curated by Marcelle Crowther of Hocus Interior Design Studio and featured an all-black palette. Browse their website here.
gardens: They set up an actual garden, deck and pool in the convention
center, so they deserve all the props – they do amazing work in actual gardens
too. Check them out here.
- American Shutters: Classic, minimal and essentially timeless, they have a wide range of shutters in both wood and aluminium. Read more here.
- Beautiful Boudiors: Curated by Lida Vermeulen, this stand stopped passersby in their tracks, a true fairytale setting that illustrates Lida’s talents and versatility. See more on her facebook page.
- Cortiex: Crafted from an array of ethically sourced natural fibers, this company has sustainability on its side. They offer solutions for wall to wall flooring and rugs to suit different tastes – already sold, and wondering where to find them? On facebook, here.
- Constantia Fabrics: This is your one stop shop for artisanal, locally produced luxury fabrics. They’ve created a wide selection of different colour and fabric ranges to suit your exact needs and taste. Their website so beautiful and inspiring – visit it here.
- D-core: Described as “Art and Soul design”, d-core brings contemporary art in various categories to the consumer in absolute style. The thing I enjoyed most about this brand was the presence of variety and ultimately, choice. Browse the galleries on their website here.
- Decor and Design: This annual buyer’s guide that serves as a directory is the key to finding anything related to South African decor and design. They have a great website and blog here
- Easylife Kitchens: a heavyweight in South African kitchens, this brand has evolved to include modern elements to classic kitchen solutions. See where your nearest branch is here.
- EloffHart : Launched at Decorex 2015, EloffHart is a collaborative range by Ernst Eloff and Rodan Hart. Described as “modular furniture” – their work exemplifies the quintessential clean aesthetic with interesting use of reflection and texture. Needless to say, I’m a fan. Check out their website and get in contact with
- Glass: A huge range of glass panel and mixed media visual art prints.
- heART at work: I fell in love with this concept, a completely non-profitorganisation set on improving the lives of others, and the most amazing and creative pieces? Sold, sold and sold again. I’ll be paying them a visit soon! Check out their website here or pay them a visit in the watershed at the V&A waterfront.
- ·Hollywood kitchens and furniture: Gorgeous wooden kitchen units and furniture, browse
their website here.
More in the next post!