Over last month we tried out a few products and visited a few places that we really wanted to share with you all. In the interest of keeping you interested, we’ve narrowed it down to five favorites each to elaborate on.
- Scheckter’s Organic energy lite – This sparkling organic fruit juice is both taurine and additive free. At just 80 calories // 335kj – it provides an energy boost without a calorie overload. About R16 a can at Woolworths and other participating stockists. Read more about them here
- MAC Matchmaster foundation –With SPF 15 sun protection, this light formulation offers medium coverage with a semi-matte finish – if matched properly – it’s like your skin in a bottle. R370 for 35ml at MAC stores, and online
- Leggings – I fell in love with the print and fabric of these leggings in the store – but decided to buy them at a later stage. To my surprise, I was gifted with this pair not long after. The quality is great and they’re perfect for yoga, gym or just casual wear. Available at Wellness Warehouse
- NOBU at the One and
Only – This serves as the first restaurant in Africa by the world-renowned celebrity chef Nobuyuki ‘Nobu’ Matsuhisa. I had read so many mixed reviews on this restaurant before my visit – but I have to side with those who had apositive experience. The food was incredible, and the staff were so lovely and attentive, I for one, will definitely be back. For more information check out their website
- Lovisa – A great variety of trendy costume jewelry as well a selection of sterling silver
pieces. Lovisa gets the last spot on my January favourites list because of their great in-store promotions – they
always have some form of a discount at any given time. I won’t name current promotions specifically as not to disappoint if they’re not still on, but to my knowledge they’re until stocks last. It’s a great place to expand your
jewelry collection without breaking the bank, or to grab a few pieces to add to birthday presents for friends. Find your nearest Lovisa store here.
- Appletiser Colours – Amber – This new limited addition Appletiser is the perfect drink for summer. Amber (my personal favourite) is apple and peach and made with 80% juice nectar so there’s no feeling bad about having an unhealthy drink and it is still so refreshing.
- MAC Eyeshadow – All that glitters – I honestly don’t know how MAC does it but this eye shadow is truly amazing and works for everyone, I’m yet to hear a bad review about it. R195 at MAC stores and online.
- Cotton on Skort – I recently found and fell in love with skorts, they generally have a negative connotation to them because they are used a lot as school uniforms but the current skort trend will make you feel otherwise. With beautiful prints and clean cut style, skorts can be formal or informal depending on how you style them.
- Honeybun – The honeybun cafe is honestly the cutest little restaurant. They serve all sorts of amazing light meals and desserts with a home made type of taste. If you in the Observatory area I highly recommend paying honeybun a visit.
- Washi Tape – Washi tape is variant of tape made from natural fibers, it has a texture similar to masking tape but produced in various colours and patterns. Washi tape doesn’t leave marks on walls and sticks to almost everything. It’s especially great for university students when decorating rooms.
This is our first of many monthly favourites posts – thanks so much to everyone that requested/suggested it! Get in touch with us via email ([email protected]) or twitter @mohamedsisters for any enquiries – or just come say hi!
Have a lovely week further
Ray and Donna xx